California Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the United States affecting about 1 in every 59 children. The signs and symptoms of this disorder vary widely, and children with autism often struggle to live independently. One of the more common symptoms is that children with autism are easily upset when their routine is changed. It can also be harder for them to connect with others, develop relationships, and perform basic living tasks. Autism can cause children to hyperfocus on activities that they find interesting or soothing, though this can have an adverse effect when they inadvertently forget to complete daily living tasks. This diverse range of issues illustrate why autism boarding schools are an ideal option for teens from California.
For children from California, autism boarding schools help them gain the skills they need to lead fulfilling and well-balanced lives. With these immersive programs, students can find the support they need to succeed.
New Focus Academy is one of the leading autism boarding schools holistically teaching students how to live independently. By working on different areas of their lives – academic, social, and vocational – students are able to create positive and lasting change. Skilled coaches and therapists provide in-the-moment feedback and encouragement to guide students toward their specific treatment goals. These effective and therapeutically sophisticated practices are research-based approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For California Teens Unique?
Each student, including your California teen, is treated as an individual at New Focus Academy. After identifying his or her unique strengths and areas of growth, your teen will have a master treatment plan developed that is completely tailored to them. Using this plan, your teen will begin their journey to increased autonomy and independence.
If more traditional schooling approaches have not worked for your son or daughter, New Focus Academy can help. By providing a whole-person approach to care, New Focus Academy helps teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism begin to thrive. To learn more about this premier autism boarding school and the admissions process, please call (844) 313-6749 to speak with an admissions professional today.
California Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
Autism boarding schools present a difficult – yet rewarding – decision for many parents. Parents always want to do what is best for their children – but for a child on the spectrum, going to a new place can be challenging and stressful. Parents wonder if their child from California will be safe, happy, and accepted. Parents also want to make sure that this type of treatment will be beneficial in addressing their child’s problematic behaviors.
Though the decision is difficult, California parents may find autism boarding schools to be the best option. At autism boarding schools, children on the spectrum are able to get help from dedicated professionals that have extensive training in working with autism spectrum disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is one of the top autism boarding schools that helps teenagers ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disorders. Their clinically sophisticated approach offers students these benefits:
– A chance to complete high school and prepare for the workforce through vocational activities.
– Intensive social skills training to help students become more connected with staff, family, peers, and individuals in the community.
– Developing essential life skills helps students to become more autonomous across all areas of their lives (examples include budgeting, meal preparation, and using public transportation).
– Learning how to cooperate in a team setting and adventure therapy helps teens on the spectrum improve communication skills.
– Real-life learning situations to help students apply the lessons learned in the classroom and therapy sessions.
– Intentional opportunities to build self-esteem, self-efficacy, and self-confidence by achieving appropriately challenging goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy provides a warm, safe, and welcoming environment that is supervised by highly trained staff. Your child will receive immediate feedback, positive reinforcement, and evidence-based approaches to motivate him or her to live an independent life. Please call New Focus Academy today at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this autism boarding school and hear how they can help your child from California.
- What Happens When My Child is Diagnosed with Autism in Their Teens?While Autism is considered a developmental disorder and is often diagnosed in early childhood, some signs of autism become more noticeable in adolescence. When autism is diagnosed in teens, they may struggle more to accept their diagnosis as they haven’t had years of support to understand what it means. During... Read more »
- Teaching Mindfulness to Neurodiverse KidsOur brains are evolutionarily wired to respond to distractions. As our world has become full of distractions, teens with autism often struggle to filter out irrelevant information and become easily overstimulated. They’re either caught up in the future or the past and constantly jumping between the two and struggle to... Read more »
- Should We Use The Term “High Functioning” to Describe Levels of the Autism Spectrum?In recent years, the diagnosis referring to High Functioning Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, was removed from the Diagnostic Statistical Manual in favor of Autism Spectrum Disorder. As a spectrum disorder, it reinforces that the disorder is diagnosed based on problems in the same foundational areas, with a diverse range of abilities.... Read more »