Programs For Teens with Autism Helping North Dakota Families
Have you noticed troubling behaviors or destructive social habits preventing your child from living a carefree, happy life? New Focus Academy is a nurturing environment for North Dakota teens with a wide range of cognitive limitations, from autism spectrum disorders and learning deficits to attention disorders. We provide homelike care away from the stresses and struggles of home.
Located in Utah, we help families from all over the United State including North Dakota. Sending your child to a program away from home can feel scary. However, time away from home can be beneficial to teens on the spectrum. Learning to function and socialize with peers in a new environment helps teens experience personal growth and learning.
All these limitations can have effects beyond their initial symptoms, and many of our students also struggle with these complicating conditions. Here are just a few:
- They may experience anxiety or panic attacks when dealing with social situations in which they are uncomfortable
- They may develop patterns of self-harm, such as cutting or substance misuse, to cope with intrusive thoughts or feelings
- They may overindulge in food to distract from their insecurities and anxieties
- They may develop low self-esteem or self-confidence
- They may withdraw from the school activities and friend groups that they used to enjoy, citing peer rejection or conflict as the reason
- They may develop an overdependence on video games or spend most of their time on the Internet to avoid distressing social situations
If any one of these situations sounds familiar, it may be time to look for full-time professional help. Many of these habits and behaviors develop because our students have not received the support and guidance that they need to thrive. All New Focus Academy coaches, academic supervisors, and team leaders offer this support in our unique autism program.
To learn more, get in touch with us today at (844) 313-6749.
Autism Program Fosters Healthy Independence In North Dakota Teens
Many students come to New Focus Academys autism program believing that they will never be able to build meaningful one-on-one connections with the people that they love and admire. Often, this misconception results from bullying or rejection from their peers. Our students learn to build positive, thriving connections with their families and friends, and to articulate sensible boundaries and expectations for their relationships. Located in Utah, away from your home in North Dakota, New Focus offers a safe environment with none of the doubts and struggles of home.
We do this by emphasizing the Academys six core principles for success, which were created by students to build their community:
- Community: Supporting and caring for each other in order to truly better yourself and others.
- Respect: Valuing others needs as highly as your own
- Dedication: Being determined to accomplish goals, even in the face of opposition.
- Integrity and Honesty: Doing what you know is right even when no one is looking, this includes honesty.
- Responsibility: Being true to your words and accountable for your actions.
- Gratitude: Being grateful for all the things you have and expressing thankfulness to those who help you.
In addition to interpersonal skills, our evidence-based Brain Training autism program focuses on cognitive development and covers a range of everyday skills, from making confident eye contact and respecting personal space to reading a daily bus schedule and using a computer program.
But learning the principles is only half the journey to independence. In order to fully trust their own abilities, students also need to feel prepared to adapt those principles to fit the situations they may come across in everyday life. By participating in our comprehensive, relationship-based coaching program, students are given the opportunity to practice these essential life skills in a supportive environment. Along with a trained mentor, they build a step-by-step plan to reach their goals, work collaboratively in a team of peers, and share their success with the special people in their lives. The confidence that grows out of this achievement makes a huge difference in our students lives.
To learn more about how New Focus Academys autism program can develop your childs confidence and develop a healthy, independent mindset, please contact us today at (844) 313-6749.
Autism Support NetworkThis national community provides a welcoming environment for anyone with autism spectrum or Aspergers syndrome. By connecting individuals with others who can provide vital information, therapeutic recommendations, and encouragement, the organization aims to create awareness of cognitive disorders and promote inter-community sharing.
TACA Resources for Teens and AdultsThe Talk About Curing Autism organization has compiled a helpful directory of articles and guides written by the parents of teenagers and adults with autism spectrum disorders. Covering everything from sensitive issues like puberty and self-esteem to pragmatic concerns like driving, extracurricular activities, and making the transition to college, they are an invaluable resource for parent questions.
New Focus Academy helps North Dakota teens struggling with challenges like:
– Social Difficulties
– Low Processing Speed
– Developmental Immaturity
– Traumatic Brain Injuries
– Mood Disorders
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
– Academic Failure
– Low Working Memory
– Social Pragmatic Communication Disorders
– Sensory Issues
– Academic Difficulties
New Focus Academy helps families from North Dakota and all over the country
New Focus Academy helps North Dakota families from cities and towns like: Bismarck Minot West Fargo Fargo Grand Forks Oakes