Comprehensive Clinical Model at Autism Program Supports Florida Teens With Autism
Does your child have difficulty expressing their emotions respectfully or making meaningful connections with others? Have they started to doubt their own self-worth or wonder whether they will ever succeed in life? If so, they may benefit from professional support. New Focus Academy is a fully-integrated autism program for teen students with high-functioning autism spectrum disorder, learning deficits, and other limitations that make it difficult to organize their own lives. By providing a haven away from challenging situations at home, we help Florida students gain new confidence and develop the skills they need to live independently.
Our program is located in the beautiful state of Utah. Families come to us from all over the country, including Florida, seeking help for their child.
Many children and teens with cognitive and emotional limitations find simple, everyday tasks challenging. Some struggle to communicate effectively, some find it impossible to focus, and some simply need more time to complete basic activities than their peers. Repeated failure often leads to anxiety and frustration, which makes these tasks even more difficult. Help or advice from others, even with good intentions, can reinforce the belief that they will never be able to make progress on their own.
Breaking this cycle of perceived failure is essential. At New Focus Academy, we use the innovative P.I.E.C.E.S model. Here are the key elements of this approach:
- Positive Reinforcement: Our structured, comfortable environment helps students to build resilient prosocial skills and
- Independence: Through goal-oriented training programs, we teach our students general capabilities that can be adapted and applied to many different situations.
- Executive Functioning: Through fun, hands-on activities, we teach students how to pay attention, remember important details, and capably analyze common situations so that they are prepared to face them in the real world.
- Coping Skills: Since many students have struggled with challenging life circumstances, we teach effective coping strategies for dealing with failures and disappointments.
- Emotional Regulation: We guide students through the process of identifying, balancing, and appropriately expressing their thoughts and feelings.
- Social Fluency: Rather than just teaching students about proper social behavior, we give them long-term opportunities to practice the concepts they have learned
If youd like to learn more about New Focus Academys comprehensive autism program and discover its benefits for your child, please contact our team today at (844) 313-6749.
Autism Programs Provide Outlet for Florida Teens On the Spectrum
Parents of teens with autism often watch their child becomes more and more frustrated by everyday activities and discouraged by social interactions. We can help. New Focus Academy is a full-service autism program for Florida teens who struggle with a range of cognitive and emotional limitations.
Although we are located outside Florida, we have helped students from across the country grow their confidence.
Many residents enter our autism program believing that they will never achieve any of their goals. We aim to cultivate confidence by practicing important everyday activities and stretching their abilities. Empowerment comes from understanding your bodys strengths and limitations. Throughout their stay, every New Focus Academy student can:
- Engage in daily, age-appropriate exercise sessions
- Participate in adventure programs like rock climbing and hiking
- Share group problem-solving activities that require collaboration and creativity
- Learn basic cycling skills for both exercise and transportation
Working together on these initiatives increases their competence and self-esteem, along with their physical capabilities. As residents learn that they can tackle a climbing wall or challenging group activity, they gain respect for their body.
Learning hard skills is just one part of developing a healthy sense of confidence. Thats why we also use an innovative Animal Stewardship program to teach students about personal relationships. By caring for an animal and cultivating its trust, students uncover valuable lessons about how to set their own boundaries and take responsibility for their actions toward others.
If youd like to learn more about New Focus Academys comprehensive autism program, please contact us at (844) 313-6749.
New Focus Academy helps Florida teens struggling with challenges like:
– Low Processing Speed
– Low Working Memory
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Social Difficulties
– Academic Difficulties
– Traumatic Brain Injuries
– Developmental Immaturity
– Academic Failure
– Mood Disorders
– Sensory Issues
– Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
– Social Pragmatic Communication Disorders
Autistic Self Advocacy NetworkFounded and run by members of the community, this non-profit organization empowers individuals to seek out new opportunities and upholds autistic voices in the public conversation about disability rights. They offer members the chance to participate in public policy programs, contribute to cultural awareness activities, and attend free advocacy training events. They also publish a number of educational resources about the autistic community.
A Parents Guide To Autism Spectrum DisorderIf you feel unprepared to handle the challenges of raising a teen with autism, this thorough and comprehensive resource from the National Institutes of Health can help. With extensively documented information on symptoms, diagnosis and co-occurring disorders, and treatment options, it provides a valuable survey of living with an autism spectrum disorder.
New Focus helps struggling teens from Florida
Some examples of cities from Florida which may have families who may be interested in New Focus Academy include: Jacksonville Miami Tampa Orlando St. Petersburg Hialeah Tallahassee Fort Lauderdale Port St. Lucie Cape Coral Pembroke Pines Hollywood Miramar Gainesville Coral Springs Miami Gardens Clearwater Pompano Beach Palm Bay West Palm Beach Lakeland Davie town Miami Beach Plantation Boca Raton Sunrise Deltona Palm Coast Largo Deerfield Beach Melbourne Boynton Beach Fort Myers Lauderhill Weston Kissimmee Homestead Delray Beach Tamarac Daytona Beach Wellington village North Miami Jupiter town North Port Port Orange Coconut Creek Ocala Sanford Margate Sarasota Doral Pensacola Bradenton Palm Beach Gardens Coral Gables Pinellas Park