Relationship-Based Treatment Programs Build Social Skills In Arizona Teens with Autism
Teens with autism spectrum disorders often become discouraged when they fail to earn good grades in school, connect meaningfully with peers that they admire, or effectively manage their own schedules. New Focus Academy is an autism program for teens who have struggled to thrive in traditional classrooms or social settings. We help students and their families work together, learn about each other, and strengthen their relationship. Located in Utah, our program helps families from all over the country, including Arizona.
At New Focus Academy, we have made relationships the foundation of every single program. One of the ways that we do this is by matching each individual student with a highly trained coach, who will work alongside their family and primary therapist to set achievable short- and long-term goals for improvement. All our coaches participate in intensive, continuous enrichment programs to ensure that they are offering students the highest quality of mentoring and support. Here are some of the principles of our relationship-based autism program:
- Health: By improving students overall fitness and nutrition, coaches build a strong foundation for independence
- Education: Our coaches work alongside education professionals to help students develop their minds, meet academic benchmarks, and gain confidence in their own abilities
- Practical Skills: To prepare students for the challenges of everyday life, coaches teach valuable competencies such as managing finances and using transportation
- Social Skills: Learning how to build positive relationships is a key element of success, and our coaches support this goal through community-based programs focusing on interpersonal relationships and conflict resolution
- Executive Functions: Our coaches use fun, engaging activities to teach students principles such as time management, information organization, and attention to detail
Since these programs are all completed within the context of a strong personal relationship and a home-like setting, students are better able to retain the lessons they learn and apply them to their lives. And since the students family is involved every step of the way, theyre prepared to offer support once they return home.
Could New Focus Academys autism program be the best step forward for your family? Find out more by contacting our team today at (844) 313-6749.
New Focus Academy helps Arizona teens struggling with challenges like:
– Social Difficulties
– Developmental Immaturity
– Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
– Academic Difficulties
– Traumatic Brain Injuries
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Low Working Memory
– Sensory Issues
– Mood Disorders
– Social Pragmatic Communication Disorders
– Low Processing Speed
– Academic Failure
Autism Programs Provide Outlet for Arizona Teens On the Spectrum
Parents of teens with autism often watch their child becomes more and more frustrated by everyday activities and discouraged by social interactions. We can help. New Focus Academy is a full-service autism program for Arizona teens who struggle with a range of cognitive and emotional limitations.
Although we are located outside Arizona, we have helped students from across the country grow their confidence.
Many residents enter our autism program believing that they will never achieve any of their goals. We aim to cultivate confidence by practicing important everyday activities and stretching their abilities. Empowerment comes from understanding your bodys strengths and limitations. Throughout their stay, every New Focus Academy student can:
- Engage in daily, age-appropriate exercise sessions
- Participate in adventure programs like rock climbing and hiking
- Share group problem-solving activities that require collaboration and creativity
- Learn basic cycling skills for both exercise and transportation
Working together on these initiatives increases their competence and self-esteem, along with their physical capabilities. As residents learn that they can tackle a climbing wall or challenging group activity, they gain respect for their body.
Learning hard skills is just one part of developing a healthy sense of confidence. Thats why we also use an innovative Animal Stewardship program to teach students about personal relationships. By caring for an animal and cultivating its trust, students uncover valuable lessons about how to set their own boundaries and take responsibility for their actions toward others.
If youd like to learn more about New Focus Academys comprehensive autism program, please contact us at (844) 313-6749.
Autism SocietyOne of the nations leading autism advocacy organizations, the Autism Society provides a comprehensive range of resources for the parents of children with autism spectrum disorders. From symptom guides and lists of autism-friendly activities to legal resources and opportunities to get involved in a local community, their website is full of helpful research and advocacy guides.
Asperger/Autism NetworkCreated to offer families support during the challenges of raising a child with autism, the AANE provides resources specifically written for parents, grandparents, siblings, and other relatives, as well as guides for specific circumstances. Family members can also register for a variety of coaching events and support groups.
New Focus Academy helps families from Arizona and all over the country
New Focus Academy helps Arizona families from cities and towns like: Paradise Valley Carefree Cave Creek Rio Verde Sedona Scottsdale Catalina Foothills Fountain Hills Tortolita Tanque Verde