Mississippi Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
With nearly 1 in 60 children in the United States affected by autism, it is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders. Children with this disorder have a variety of symptoms that challenge their ability to live independently. One of the more common symptoms is that children with autism are easily upset when their routine is changed. They also have a difficult time creating meaningful relationships with others and performing basic life skills. There is also a tendency to become fully absorbed into certain activities, which can then cause them to overlook simple and basic needs. All of these issues are perfect examples of why autism boarding schools are essential for children from Mississippi.
Autism boarding schools help Mississippi children challenged with autism live productive, independent lives. These specialized programs provide a safe environment and a holistic approach to help their students flourish.
As one of the leading autism boarding schools, New Focus Academy helps students gain the independence they need to thrive. With a blended focus on school, extracurricular and leisure activities, and social skills work, New Focus Academy helps students achieve lasting change. Skilled coaches and therapists provide in-the-moment feedback and encouragement to guide students toward their specific treatment goals. The team uses clinically sophisticated practices that are supported by research-proven approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Mississippi Teens Unique?
At New Focus, your Mississippi teen is treated as an individual. After assessing your teen’s strengths and opportunities for growth, he or she will have an individualized treatment plan created. This plan begins the journey towards independence.
If conventional educational approaches haven’t been effective for your son or daughter, New Focus Academy might be the answer. With a holistic and whole-person approach to growth, New Focus Academy works with teens ages 13-17 to increase self-esteem and independence. Please call us at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this innovative autism boarding school and the admission process.
Mississippi Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
For parents, the decision to enroll their child in autism boarding schools is difficult. Even though an autism boarding school may be what is best, parents worry about how their child on the spectrum will adjust to this new place. They often wonder how their child from Mississippi will adjust, and whether or not they will be happy there. Parents also want to know that their child’s behaviors will be addressed therapeutically.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Mississippi find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. With more support than any other treatment option, autism boarding schools have experienced staff that understands the specific needs of this developmental disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a premier residential boarding school helping teens ages 13-17 suffering from autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental issues. Their evidence-based approaches provide students with the following opportunities for growth:
– Small classroom sizes for students to complete high school in an accommodating environment, along with vocational opportunities to help ready them to work after high school.
– Thorough social skills training helps students connect with those around them, including peers, staff, and family members.
– Life skill development to make students more independent in a variety of areas in their lives including personal hygiene, nutrition and meal preparation, fitness, personal safety, and using transportation.
– Team building activities and adventure therapy help improve decision making and problem-solving skills.
– Real-life learning situations to help students apply the lessons learned in the classroom and therapy sessions.
– Growth of self-confidence, self-esteem, and resilience through achievable yet challenging goal completion.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy provides a warm, safe, and welcoming environment that is supervised by highly trained staff. Through in-the-moment feedback, motivational approaches, and evidence-based practices, your child will be able to lead a happier and more full life. Call (844) 313-6749 to learn about New Focus Academy and how this autism boarding school can help your Mississippi teen.
- Masking Symptoms of Autism Delays DiagnosisAs a spectrum disorder, there are a wide variety of symptoms that describe Autism. The developmental nature of the disorder means many symptoms don’t stand out until individuals struggle later in life. While children who are diagnosed in elementary school receive early intervention and support, when someone isn’t diagnosed until... Read more »
- Teaching Mindfulness to Neurodiverse KidsOur brains are evolutionarily wired to respond to distractions. As our world has become full of distractions, teens with autism often struggle to filter out irrelevant information and become easily overstimulated. They’re either caught up in the future or the past and constantly jumping between the two and struggle to... Read more »
- Benefits of Animal Stewardship for Boys with AutismThere’s a reason we call dogs a “man’s best friend.” Mutual relationships between animals and their owners or caregivers build a sense of confidence and responsibility that are beneficial for mental health issues. Animal therapy is a growing field that uses a variety of animals, particularly dogs, cats, and horses,... Read more »