Minnesota Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
With nearly 1 in 60 children in the United States affected by autism, it is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders. Many children with autism have different presentations of the disorder, though it is very common for it to affect their ability to live independently. Sometimes even a small change in their regular routine can cause extreme reactions, including tantrums and meltdowns. Forming relationships can stressful and difficult, as can daily living skills. There is also a tendency to become fully absorbed into certain activities, which can then cause them to overlook simple and basic needs. These are some examples of why autism boarding schools are ideal for Minnesota teens that are struggling with autism.
Autism boarding schools help Minnesota children challenged with autism live productive, independent lives. These intensive programs immerse students in an environment to grow and thrive.
New Focus Academy helps students with autism gain autonomy and is one of the top autism boarding schools. By working on different areas of their lives – academic, social, and vocational – students are able to create positive and lasting change. Skilled coaches and therapists provide in-the-moment feedback and encouragement to guide students toward their specific treatment goals. Their clinically sophisticated approaches are backed by evidence-based scientific practices.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Minnesota Teens Unique?
At New Focus, your Minnesota teen is treated as an individual. His or her specific strengths and needs are assessed and developed into an individualized treatment plan. Using this plan, your teen will begin their journey to increased autonomy and independence.
If conventional educational approaches haven’t been effective for your son or daughter, New Focus Academy might be the answer. By providing a whole-person approach to care, New Focus Academy helps teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism begin to thrive. Learn more about this leading autism boarding school and the next steps you can take by calling (844) 313-6749 today.
Minnesota Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
Autism boarding schools present a difficult – yet rewarding – decision for many parents. Parents want the best for their children, but sending them away to a new environment can be a concern, especially when a child struggles with autism. They often wonder how their child from Minnesota will adjust, and whether or not they will be happy there. Parents also want to know that their child’s behaviors will be addressed therapeutically.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Minnesota find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. At autism boarding schools, children on the spectrum are able to get help from dedicated professionals that have extensive training in working with autism spectrum disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a leading autism boarding school that works with teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Their research-informed approaches offer students these outcomes:
– A chance to complete high school and prepare for the workforce through vocational activities.
– Intensive social skills training to help students become more connected with staff, family, peers, and individuals in the community.
– Developing important life skills assists students in gaining lasting independence and are applicable to all areas of life including meal planning and preparation, personal hygiene and self-care, and managing finances.
– Participation in adventure therapy and team building activities to increase positive communication, collaboration, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
– Real-world opportunities allow for a practical application of what students are learning through coaching and therapy sessions.
– An opportunity to build self-confidence, emotional resilience, and self-esteem by accomplishing challenging, yet manageable goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy offers a safe, accepting environment supervised by expertly trained staff. Your child will be able to move toward a more independent and full life through research-based approaches and positive reinforcement. Please call New Focus Academy today at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this autism boarding school and hear how they can help your child from Minnesota.
- Parent Involvement in Autism TreatmentWhen your child is having problems with communication and reciprocal social interaction, it can be frustrating for parents to know how to best support them. As one of the primary treatment goals for teens with autism is developing self-efficacy and independence, it is important for parents to stay involved in... Read more »
- Movies Used to Teach Teens with Autism Emotional IntelligenceWhile many teens watch movies mindlessly, they are unconsciously picking up on social cues and learning how to relate to characters. Many teens find that lessons characters learn on the big screen can translate to their own lives. Using movie time to teach social thinking is not necessarily a new... Read more »
- Masking Symptoms of Autism Delays DiagnosisAs a spectrum disorder, there are a wide variety of symptoms that describe Autism. The developmental nature of the disorder means many symptoms don’t stand out until individuals struggle later in life. While children who are diagnosed in elementary school receive early intervention and support, when someone isn’t diagnosed until... Read more »