Massachusetts Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the United States affecting about 1 in every 59 children. Many children with autism have different presentations of the disorder, though it is very common for it to affect their ability to live independently. Sometimes even a small change in their regular routine can cause extreme reactions, including tantrums and meltdowns. It can also be harder for them to connect with others, develop relationships, and perform basic living tasks. Also, their intense focus on certain activities may have them neglect basic life skills. These are some examples of why autism boarding schools are ideal for Massachusetts teens that are struggling with autism.
For children from Massachusetts, autism boarding schools help them gain the skills they need to lead fulfilling and well-balanced lives. These intensive programs immerse students in an environment to grow and thrive.
New Focus Academy helps students with autism gain autonomy and is one of the top autism boarding schools. Students engage in educational, experiential, vocational, and social skill training to create a positive change in their lives. Skilled coaches and therapists provide in-the-moment feedback and encouragement to guide students toward their specific treatment goals. These effective and therapeutically sophisticated practices are research-based approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Massachusetts Teens Unique?
Your teen from Massachusetts is seen as an individual at New Focus Academy. His or her specific strengths and needs are assessed and developed into an individualized treatment plan. This plan guides your teen’s growth toward increased independence and autonomy.
If conventional educational approaches haven’t been effective for your son or daughter, New Focus Academy might be the answer. From learning life skills, positive social interactions, and preparing to join the workforce, New Focus Academy teaches teens ages 13-17 to become more independent. Learn more about this leading autism boarding school and the next steps you can take by calling (844) 313-6749 today.
Massachusetts Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
For parents, the decision to enroll their child in autism boarding schools is difficult. Parents always want to do what is best for their children – but for a child on the spectrum, going to a new place can be challenging and stressful. They wonder if their Massachusetts teen will feel accepted and safe. Parents want to know that their child’s behaviors and issues will be addressed appropriately – and therapeutically, in order to get at what is driving the behaviors.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Massachusetts find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. Not only will they provide extra assistance when other treatment options have failed, they have expert staff specifically trained in the unique needs of children with autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental issues.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a premier residential boarding school helping teens ages 13-17 suffering from autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental issues. Their evidence-based approaches provide students with the following opportunities for growth:
– A chance to complete high school and prepare for the workforce through vocational activities.
– Intensive social skills training to help students become more connected with staff, family, peers, and individuals in the community.
– Life skill development to make students more independent in a variety of areas in their lives including personal hygiene, nutrition and meal preparation, fitness, personal safety, and using transportation.
– Participation in adventure therapy and team building activities to increase positive communication, collaboration, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
– Real-life learning situations to help students apply the lessons learned in the classroom and therapy sessions.
– Intentional opportunities to build self-esteem, self-efficacy, and self-confidence by achieving appropriately challenging goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy offers a welcoming and safe environment that is supported by skilled and dedicated staff. Your child will receive immediate feedback, positive reinforcement, and evidence-based approaches to motivate him or her to live an independent life. Call (844) 313-6749 to learn about New Focus Academy and how this autism boarding school can help your Massachusetts teen.
- Identity Issues After Traumatic Brain InjuryBeyond the initial impact, sometimes the effects of a Traumatic Brain Injury are not obvious at first but become more noticeable later when critical thinking and social interaction increases at school. While teens who have experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury are eager to return to school, they often struggle more... Read more »
- What Happens When My Child is Diagnosed with Autism in Their Teens?While Autism is considered a developmental disorder and is often diagnosed in early childhood, some signs of autism become more noticeable in adolescence. When autism is diagnosed in teens, they may struggle more to accept their diagnosis as they haven’t had years of support to understand what it means. During... Read more »
- Teaching Mindfulness to Neurodiverse KidsOur brains are evolutionarily wired to respond to distractions. As our world has become full of distractions, teens with autism often struggle to filter out irrelevant information and become easily overstimulated. They’re either caught up in the future or the past and constantly jumping between the two and struggle to... Read more »