Maryland Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the United States affecting about 1 in every 59 children. Many children with autism have different presentations of the disorder, though it is very common for it to affect their ability to live independently. They may get very upset by minor changes in routines and their environment often causing meltdowns. It can also be harder for them to connect with others, develop relationships, and perform basic living tasks. Also, their intense focus on certain activities may have them neglect basic life skills. This diverse range of issues illustrate why autism boarding schools are an ideal option for teens from Maryland.
Maryland children that struggle with autism can get the help they need through autism boarding schools. These specialized programs provide a safe environment and a holistic approach to help their students flourish.
New Focus Academy is one of the leading autism boarding schools holistically teaching students how to live independently. By working on different areas of their lives – academic, social, and vocational – students are able to create positive and lasting change. Skilled coaches and therapists provide in-the-moment feedback and encouragement to guide students toward their specific treatment goals. The team uses clinically sophisticated practices that are supported by research-proven approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Maryland Teens Unique?
At New Focus, your Maryland teen is treated as an individual. His or her specific strengths and needs are assessed and developed into an individualized treatment plan. Using this plan, your teen will begin their journey to increased autonomy and independence.
If conventional educational approaches haven’t been effective for your son or daughter, New Focus Academy might be the answer. From learning life skills, positive social interactions, and preparing to join the workforce, New Focus Academy teaches teens ages 13-17 to become more independent. To learn more about this premier autism boarding school and the admissions process, please call (844) 313-6749 to speak with an admissions professional today.
Maryland Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
For parents, the decision to enroll their child in autism boarding schools is difficult. Parents want the best for their children, but sending them away to a new environment can be a concern, especially when a child struggles with autism. Parents wonder if their child from Maryland will be safe, happy, and accepted. Parents also want to know that their child’s behaviors will be addressed therapeutically.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Maryland find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. With more support than any other treatment option, autism boarding schools have experienced staff that understands the specific needs of this developmental disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is one of the top autism boarding schools that helps teenagers ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disorders. Their clinically sophisticated approach offers students these benefits:
– A chance to complete high school and prepare for the workforce through vocational activities.
– Intensive social skills training to help students become more connected with staff, family, peers, and individuals in the community.
– Life skill development to make students more independent in a variety of areas in their lives including personal hygiene, nutrition and meal preparation, fitness, personal safety, and using transportation.
– Team building activities and adventure therapy help improve decision making and problem-solving skills.
– Opportunities for real-world practice of the skills and lessons they are learning in group, therapy, and school.
– An opportunity to build self-confidence, emotional resilience, and self-esteem by accomplishing challenging, yet manageable goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy provides a warm, safe, and welcoming environment that is supervised by highly trained staff. Through in-the-moment feedback, motivational approaches, and evidence-based practices, your child will be able to lead a happier and more full life. Call (844) 313-6749 to learn about New Focus Academy and how this autism boarding school can help your Maryland teen.
- Identity Issues After Traumatic Brain InjuryBeyond the initial impact, sometimes the effects of a Traumatic Brain Injury are not obvious at first but become more noticeable later when critical thinking and social interaction increases at school. While teens who have experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury are eager to return to school, they often struggle more... Read more »
- Benefits of Animal Stewardship for Boys with AutismThere’s a reason we call dogs a “man’s best friend.” Mutual relationships between animals and their owners or caregivers build a sense of confidence and responsibility that are beneficial for mental health issues. Animal therapy is a growing field that uses a variety of animals, particularly dogs, cats, and horses,... Read more »
- Masking Symptoms of Autism Delays DiagnosisAs a spectrum disorder, there are a wide variety of symptoms that describe Autism. The developmental nature of the disorder means many symptoms don’t stand out until individuals struggle later in life. While children who are diagnosed in elementary school receive early intervention and support, when someone isn’t diagnosed until... Read more »