Louisiana Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the United States affecting about 1 in every 59 children. Many children with autism have different presentations of the disorder, though it is very common for it to affect their ability to live independently. One of the more common symptoms is that children with autism are easily upset when their routine is changed. They also have a difficult time creating meaningful relationships with others and performing basic life skills. Also, their intense focus on certain activities may have them neglect basic life skills. These are some examples of why autism boarding schools are ideal for Louisiana teens that are struggling with autism.
For children from Louisiana, autism boarding schools help them gain the skills they need to lead fulfilling and well-balanced lives. These intensive programs immerse students in an environment to grow and thrive.
New Focus Academy is one of the leading autism boarding schools holistically teaching students how to live independently. With a blended focus on school, extracurricular and leisure activities, and social skills work, New Focus Academy helps students achieve lasting change. Experienced therapists and coaches provide guidance and positive feedback to help students reach their specific goals. These effective and therapeutically sophisticated practices are research-based approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Louisiana Teens Unique?
At New Focus, your Louisiana teen is treated as an individual. After identifying his or her unique strengths and areas of growth, your teen will have a master treatment plan developed that is completely tailored to them. Using this plan, your teen will begin their journey to increased autonomy and independence.
If you have tried in-home or school-based interventions and they have not been effective, New Focus Academy could be exactly what your son or daughter needs. By providing a whole-person approach to care, New Focus Academy helps teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism begin to thrive. Please call us at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this innovative autism boarding school and the admission process.
Louisiana Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
For parents, the decision to enroll their child in autism boarding schools is difficult. Parents always want to do what is best for their children – but for a child on the spectrum, going to a new place can be challenging and stressful. They wonder if their Louisiana teen will feel accepted and safe. Parents also want to know that their child’s behaviors will be addressed therapeutically.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Louisiana find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. With more support than any other treatment option, autism boarding schools have experienced staff that understands the specific needs of this developmental disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a leading autism boarding school that works with teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Their research-informed approaches offer students these outcomes:
– A chance to complete high school and prepare for the workforce through vocational activities.
– Thorough social skills training helps students connect with those around them, including peers, staff, and family members.
– Developing important life skills assists students in gaining lasting independence and are applicable to all areas of life including meal planning and preparation, personal hygiene and self-care, and managing finances.
– Learning how to cooperate in a team setting and adventure therapy helps teens on the spectrum improve communication skills.
– Real-world opportunities allow for a practical application of what students are learning through coaching and therapy sessions.
– Growth of self-confidence, self-esteem, and resilience through achievable yet challenging goal completion.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy offers a safe, accepting environment supervised by expertly trained staff. Your child will be able to move toward a more independent and full life through research-based approaches and positive reinforcement. Please call New Focus Academy today at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this autism boarding school and hear how they can help your child from Louisiana.
- Masking Symptoms of Autism Delays DiagnosisAs a spectrum disorder, there are a wide variety of symptoms that describe Autism. The developmental nature of the disorder means many symptoms don’t stand out until individuals struggle later in life. While children who are diagnosed in elementary school receive early intervention and support, when someone isn’t diagnosed until... Read more »
- Identity Issues After Traumatic Brain InjuryBeyond the initial impact, sometimes the effects of a Traumatic Brain Injury are not obvious at first but become more noticeable later when critical thinking and social interaction increases at school. While teens who have experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury are eager to return to school, they often struggle more... Read more »
- Movies Used to Teach Teens with Autism Emotional IntelligenceWhile many teens watch movies mindlessly, they are unconsciously picking up on social cues and learning how to relate to characters. Many teens find that lessons characters learn on the big screen can translate to their own lives. Using movie time to teach social thinking is not necessarily a new... Read more »