Georgia Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the United States affecting about 1 in every 59 children. Many children with autism have different presentations of the disorder, though it is very common for it to affect their ability to live independently. Sometimes even a small change in their regular routine can cause extreme reactions, including tantrums and meltdowns. They also have a difficult time creating meaningful relationships with others and performing basic life skills. Autism can cause children to hyperfocus on activities that they find interesting or soothing, though this can have an adverse effect when they inadvertently forget to complete daily living tasks. All of these issues are perfect examples of why autism boarding schools are essential for children from Georgia.
For children from Georgia, autism boarding schools help them gain the skills they need to lead fulfilling and well-balanced lives. These intensive programs immerse students in an environment to grow and thrive.
New Focus Academy is one of the leading autism boarding schools holistically teaching students how to live independently. By working on different areas of their lives – academic, social, and vocational – students are able to create positive and lasting change. With direction and insight from our highly qualified therapists and coaches, students are able to reach their individual goals. The team uses clinically sophisticated practices that are supported by research-proven approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Georgia Teens Unique?
At New Focus, your Georgia teen is treated as an individual. After assessing your teen’s strengths and opportunities for growth, he or she will have an individualized treatment plan created. This plan guides your teen’s growth toward increased independence and autonomy.
If more traditional schooling approaches have not worked for your son or daughter, New Focus Academy can help. By providing a whole-person approach to care, New Focus Academy helps teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism begin to thrive. Please call us at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this innovative autism boarding school and the admission process.
Georgia Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
Autism boarding schools present a difficult – yet rewarding – decision for many parents. Even though an autism boarding school may be what is best, parents worry about how their child on the spectrum will adjust to this new place. They wonder if their Georgia teen will feel accepted and safe. Parents want to know that their child’s behaviors and issues will be addressed appropriately – and therapeutically, in order to get at what is driving the behaviors.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Georgia find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. At autism boarding schools, children on the spectrum are able to get help from dedicated professionals that have extensive training in working with autism spectrum disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a premier residential boarding school helping teens ages 13-17 suffering from autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental issues. Their research-informed approaches offer students these outcomes:
– Small classroom sizes for students to complete high school in an accommodating environment, along with vocational opportunities to help ready them to work after high school.
– Social skills training is a crucial piece that allows students to foster deeper relationships with peers, family, staff, and the world around them.
– Developing essential life skills helps students to become more autonomous across all areas of their lives (examples include budgeting, meal preparation, and using public transportation).
– Team building activities and adventure therapy help improve decision making and problem-solving skills.
– Real-life learning situations to help students apply the lessons learned in the classroom and therapy sessions.
– Growth of self-confidence, self-esteem, and resilience through achievable yet challenging goal completion.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy provides a warm, safe, and welcoming environment that is supervised by highly trained staff. Your child will be able to move toward a more independent and full life through research-based approaches and positive reinforcement. Call (844) 313-6749 to learn about New Focus Academy and how this autism boarding school can help your Georgia teen.
- Our Treatment Team’s Approach Using the Autonomy Development ModelTeens with autism struggle with becoming more independent and making decisions on their own. They are more likely to reject help and act impulsively or self-destructively or rely on caretakers to continue to meet their needs. Neither of these paths are effective in helping teens with autism live healthy, independent,... Read more »
- Parent Involvement in Autism TreatmentWhen your child is having problems with communication and reciprocal social interaction, it can be frustrating for parents to know how to best support them. As one of the primary treatment goals for teens with autism is developing self-efficacy and independence, it is important for parents to stay involved in... Read more »
- What Happens When My Child is Diagnosed with Autism in Their Teens?While Autism is considered a developmental disorder and is often diagnosed in early childhood, some signs of autism become more noticeable in adolescence. When autism is diagnosed in teens, they may struggle more to accept their diagnosis as they haven’t had years of support to understand what it means. During... Read more »