Florida Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
With nearly 1 in 60 children in the United States affected by autism, it is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders. Children with this disorder have a variety of symptoms that challenge their ability to live independently. They may get very upset by minor changes in routines and their environment often causing meltdowns. It can also be harder for them to connect with others, develop relationships, and perform basic living tasks. There is also a tendency to become fully absorbed into certain activities, which can then cause them to overlook simple and basic needs. These are some examples of why autism boarding schools are ideal for Florida teens that are struggling with autism.
Autism boarding schools help Florida children challenged with autism live productive, independent lives. These intensive programs immerse students in an environment to grow and thrive.
As one of the leading autism boarding schools, New Focus Academy helps students gain the independence they need to thrive. By working on different areas of their lives – academic, social, and vocational – students are able to create positive and lasting change. Skilled coaches and therapists provide in-the-moment feedback and encouragement to guide students toward their specific treatment goals. Their clinically sophisticated approaches are backed by evidence-based scientific practices.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Florida Teens Unique?
Your teen from Florida is seen as an individual at New Focus Academy. His or her specific strengths and needs are assessed and developed into an individualized treatment plan. This plan begins the journey towards independence.
If you have tried in-home or school-based interventions and they have not been effective, New Focus Academy could be exactly what your son or daughter needs. From learning life skills, positive social interactions, and preparing to join the workforce, New Focus Academy teaches teens ages 13-17 to become more independent. Learn more about this leading autism boarding school and the next steps you can take by calling (844) 313-6749 today.
Florida Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
It can be challenging for parents to consider autism boarding schools for their child with autism. Parents want the best for their children, but sending them away to a new environment can be a concern, especially when a child struggles with autism. They often wonder how their child from Florida will adjust, and whether or not they will be happy there. Parents want to know that their child’s behaviors and issues will be addressed appropriately – and therapeutically, in order to get at what is driving the behaviors.
Though the decision is difficult, Florida parents may find autism boarding schools to be the best option. At autism boarding schools, children on the spectrum are able to get help from dedicated professionals that have extensive training in working with autism spectrum disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is one of the top autism boarding schools that helps teenagers ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disorders. Their clinically sophisticated approach offers students these benefits:
– The ability to catch up in school – or graduate from high school – while also preparing students with vocational opportunities.
– Social skills training is a crucial piece that allows students to foster deeper relationships with peers, family, staff, and the world around them.
– Developing important life skills assists students in gaining lasting independence and are applicable to all areas of life including meal planning and preparation, personal hygiene and self-care, and managing finances.
– Team building activities and adventure therapy help improve decision making and problem-solving skills.
– Opportunities for real-world practice of the skills and lessons they are learning in group, therapy, and school.
– An opportunity to build self-confidence, emotional resilience, and self-esteem by accomplishing challenging, yet manageable goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy offers a welcoming and safe environment that is supported by skilled and dedicated staff. Through in-the-moment feedback, motivational approaches, and evidence-based practices, your child will be able to lead a happier and more full life. Call (844) 313-6749 to learn about New Focus Academy and how this autism boarding school can help your Florida teen.
- Parent Involvement in Autism TreatmentWhen your child is having problems with communication and reciprocal social interaction, it can be frustrating for parents to know how to best support them. As one of the primary treatment goals for teens with autism is developing self-efficacy and independence, it is important for parents to stay involved in... Read more »
- Empathy vs. Compassion in Teens with AutismA lot of people use empathy and compassion interchangeably, although there are several key differences. One myth about teens with autism is that they lack empathy. While teens with autism often care a lot about relationships and are sensitive to the emotions of others, they have a hard time understanding... Read more »
- What Happens When My Child is Diagnosed with Autism in Their Teens?While Autism is considered a developmental disorder and is often diagnosed in early childhood, some signs of autism become more noticeable in adolescence. When autism is diagnosed in teens, they may struggle more to accept their diagnosis as they haven’t had years of support to understand what it means. During... Read more »