Delaware Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
With nearly 1 in 60 children in the United States affected by autism, it is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders. Children with this disorder have a variety of symptoms that challenge their ability to live independently. Sometimes even a small change in their regular routine can cause extreme reactions, including tantrums and meltdowns. Forming relationships can stressful and difficult, as can daily living skills. Also, their intense focus on certain activities may have them neglect basic life skills. These are some examples of why autism boarding schools are ideal for Delaware teens that are struggling with autism.
Delaware children that struggle with autism can get the help they need through autism boarding schools. These intensive programs immerse students in an environment to grow and thrive.
New Focus Academy is one of the leading autism boarding schools holistically teaching students how to live independently. By working on different areas of their lives – academic, social, and vocational – students are able to create positive and lasting change. With direction and insight from our highly qualified therapists and coaches, students are able to reach their individual goals. These effective and therapeutically sophisticated practices are research-based approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Delaware Teens Unique?
At New Focus, your Delaware teen is treated as an individual. His or her specific strengths and needs are assessed and developed into an individualized treatment plan. This plan guides your teen’s growth toward increased independence and autonomy.
If you have tried in-home or school-based interventions and they have not been effective, New Focus Academy could be exactly what your son or daughter needs. With a holistic and whole-person approach to growth, New Focus Academy works with teens ages 13-17 to increase self-esteem and independence. To learn more about this premier autism boarding school and the admissions process, please call (844) 313-6749 to speak with an admissions professional today.
Delaware Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
For parents, the decision to enroll their child in autism boarding schools is difficult. Parents always want to do what is best for their children – but for a child on the spectrum, going to a new place can be challenging and stressful. They often wonder how their child from Delaware will adjust, and whether or not they will be happy there. Parents want to know that their child’s behaviors and issues will be addressed appropriately – and therapeutically, in order to get at what is driving the behaviors.
Though the decision is difficult, Delaware parents may find autism boarding schools to be the best option. Not only will they provide extra assistance when other treatment options have failed, they have expert staff specifically trained in the unique needs of children with autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental issues.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a leading autism boarding school that works with teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Their clinically sophisticated approach offers students these benefits:
– Small classroom sizes for students to complete high school in an accommodating environment, along with vocational opportunities to help ready them to work after high school.
– Social skills training is a crucial piece that allows students to foster deeper relationships with peers, family, staff, and the world around them.
– Life skill development to make students more independent in a variety of areas in their lives including personal hygiene, nutrition and meal preparation, fitness, personal safety, and using transportation.
– Participation in adventure therapy and team building activities to increase positive communication, collaboration, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
– Real-world opportunities allow for a practical application of what students are learning through coaching and therapy sessions.
– Intentional opportunities to build self-esteem, self-efficacy, and self-confidence by achieving appropriately challenging goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy offers a safe, accepting environment supervised by expertly trained staff. Through in-the-moment feedback, motivational approaches, and evidence-based practices, your child will be able to lead a happier and more full life. Call (844) 313-6749 to learn about New Focus Academy and how this autism boarding school can help your Delaware teen.
- Our Treatment Team’s Approach Using the Autonomy Development ModelTeens with autism struggle with becoming more independent and making decisions on their own. They are more likely to reject help and act impulsively or self-destructively or rely on caretakers to continue to meet their needs. Neither of these paths are effective in helping teens with autism live healthy, independent,... Read more »
- Benefits of Animal Stewardship for Boys with AutismThere’s a reason we call dogs a “man’s best friend.” Mutual relationships between animals and their owners or caregivers build a sense of confidence and responsibility that are beneficial for mental health issues. Animal therapy is a growing field that uses a variety of animals, particularly dogs, cats, and horses,... Read more »
- Masking Symptoms of Autism Delays DiagnosisAs a spectrum disorder, there are a wide variety of symptoms that describe Autism. The developmental nature of the disorder means many symptoms don’t stand out until individuals struggle later in life. While children who are diagnosed in elementary school receive early intervention and support, when someone isn’t diagnosed until... Read more »