DC Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the United States affecting about 1 in every 59 children. The signs and symptoms of this disorder vary widely, and children with autism often struggle to live independently. One of the more common symptoms is that children with autism are easily upset when their routine is changed. Forming relationships can stressful and difficult, as can daily living skills. Autism can cause children to hyperfocus on activities that they find interesting or soothing, though this can have an adverse effect when they inadvertently forget to complete daily living tasks. All of these issues are perfect examples of why autism boarding schools are essential for children from DC.
Autism boarding schools help DC children challenged with autism live productive, independent lives. These specialized programs provide a safe environment and a holistic approach to help their students flourish.
New Focus Academy helps students with autism gain autonomy and is one of the top autism boarding schools. Students engage in educational, experiential, vocational, and social skill training to create a positive change in their lives. Skilled coaches and therapists provide in-the-moment feedback and encouragement to guide students toward their specific treatment goals. These effective and therapeutically sophisticated practices are research-based approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For DC Teens Unique?
Your teen from DC is seen as an individual at New Focus Academy. After identifying his or her unique strengths and areas of growth, your teen will have a master treatment plan developed that is completely tailored to them. This plan begins the journey towards independence.
If you have tried in-home or school-based interventions and they have not been effective, New Focus Academy could be exactly what your son or daughter needs. With a holistic and whole-person approach to growth, New Focus Academy works with teens ages 13-17 to increase self-esteem and independence. Please call us at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this innovative autism boarding school and the admission process.
DC Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
For parents, the decision to enroll their child in autism boarding schools is difficult. Parents want the best for their children, but sending them away to a new environment can be a concern, especially when a child struggles with autism. Parents wonder if their child from DC will be safe, happy, and accepted. Parents also want to know that their child’s behaviors will be addressed therapeutically.
Though the decision is difficult, DC parents may find autism boarding schools to be the best option. With more support than any other treatment option, autism boarding schools have experienced staff that understands the specific needs of this developmental disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a leading autism boarding school that works with teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Their clinically sophisticated approach offers students these benefits:
– The ability to catch up in school – or graduate from high school – while also preparing students with vocational opportunities.
– Intensive social skills training to help students become more connected with staff, family, peers, and individuals in the community.
– Developing essential life skills helps students to become more autonomous across all areas of their lives (examples include budgeting, meal preparation, and using public transportation).
– Participation in adventure therapy and team building activities to increase positive communication, collaboration, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
– Opportunities for real-world practice of the skills and lessons they are learning in group, therapy, and school.
– Growth of self-confidence, self-esteem, and resilience through achievable yet challenging goal completion.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy offers a safe, accepting environment supervised by expertly trained staff. Your child will receive immediate feedback, positive reinforcement, and evidence-based approaches to motivate him or her to live an independent life. Please call New Focus Academy today at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this autism boarding school and hear how they can help your child from DC.
- Masking Symptoms of Autism Delays DiagnosisAs a spectrum disorder, there are a wide variety of symptoms that describe Autism. The developmental nature of the disorder means many symptoms don’t stand out until individuals struggle later in life. While children who are diagnosed in elementary school receive early intervention and support, when someone isn’t diagnosed until... Read more »
- What Happens When My Child is Diagnosed with Autism in Their Teens?While Autism is considered a developmental disorder and is often diagnosed in early childhood, some signs of autism become more noticeable in adolescence. When autism is diagnosed in teens, they may struggle more to accept their diagnosis as they haven’t had years of support to understand what it means. During... Read more »
- Identity Issues After Traumatic Brain InjuryBeyond the initial impact, sometimes the effects of a Traumatic Brain Injury are not obvious at first but become more noticeable later when critical thinking and social interaction increases at school. While teens who have experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury are eager to return to school, they often struggle more... Read more »