Connecticut Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the United States affecting about 1 in every 59 children. Many children with autism have different presentations of the disorder, though it is very common for it to affect their ability to live independently. Sometimes even a small change in their regular routine can cause extreme reactions, including tantrums and meltdowns. Forming relationships can stressful and difficult, as can daily living skills. Also, their intense focus on certain activities may have them neglect basic life skills. All of these issues are perfect examples of why autism boarding schools are essential for children from Connecticut.
Autism boarding schools help Connecticut children challenged with autism live productive, independent lives. These intensive programs immerse students in an environment to grow and thrive.
New Focus Academy helps students with autism gain autonomy and is one of the top autism boarding schools. With a blended focus on school, extracurricular and leisure activities, and social skills work, New Focus Academy helps students achieve lasting change. Experienced therapists and coaches provide guidance and positive feedback to help students reach their specific goals. Their clinically sophisticated approaches are backed by evidence-based scientific practices.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Connecticut Teens Unique?
Your teen from Connecticut is seen as an individual at New Focus Academy. After identifying his or her unique strengths and areas of growth, your teen will have a master treatment plan developed that is completely tailored to them. Using this plan, your teen will begin their journey to increased autonomy and independence.
If you have tried in-home or school-based interventions and they have not been effective, New Focus Academy could be exactly what your son or daughter needs. By providing a whole-person approach to care, New Focus Academy helps teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism begin to thrive. Please call us at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this innovative autism boarding school and the admission process.
Connecticut Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
For parents, the decision to enroll their child in autism boarding schools is difficult. Parents want the best for their children, but sending them away to a new environment can be a concern, especially when a child struggles with autism. They often wonder how their child from Connecticut will adjust, and whether or not they will be happy there. Parents want to know that their child’s behaviors and issues will be addressed appropriately – and therapeutically, in order to get at what is driving the behaviors.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Connecticut find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. At autism boarding schools, children on the spectrum are able to get help from dedicated professionals that have extensive training in working with autism spectrum disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is one of the top autism boarding schools that helps teenagers ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disorders. Their evidence-based approaches provide students with the following opportunities for growth:
– A chance to complete high school and prepare for the workforce through vocational activities.
– Intensive social skills training to help students become more connected with staff, family, peers, and individuals in the community.
– Developing important life skills assists students in gaining lasting independence and are applicable to all areas of life including meal planning and preparation, personal hygiene and self-care, and managing finances.
– Team building activities and adventure therapy help improve decision making and problem-solving skills.
– Opportunities for real-world practice of the skills and lessons they are learning in group, therapy, and school.
– Growth of self-confidence, self-esteem, and resilience through achievable yet challenging goal completion.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy provides a warm, safe, and welcoming environment that is supervised by highly trained staff. Your child will receive immediate feedback, positive reinforcement, and evidence-based approaches to motivate him or her to live an independent life. Call (844) 313-6749 to learn about New Focus Academy and how this autism boarding school can help your Connecticut teen.
- What Happens When My Child is Diagnosed with Autism in Their Teens?While Autism is considered a developmental disorder and is often diagnosed in early childhood, some signs of autism become more noticeable in adolescence. When autism is diagnosed in teens, they may struggle more to accept their diagnosis as they haven’t had years of support to understand what it means. During... Read more »
- Teaching Mindfulness to Neurodiverse KidsOur brains are evolutionarily wired to respond to distractions. As our world has become full of distractions, teens with autism often struggle to filter out irrelevant information and become easily overstimulated. They’re either caught up in the future or the past and constantly jumping between the two and struggle to... Read more »
- Identity Issues After Traumatic Brain InjuryBeyond the initial impact, sometimes the effects of a Traumatic Brain Injury are not obvious at first but become more noticeable later when critical thinking and social interaction increases at school. While teens who have experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury are eager to return to school, they often struggle more... Read more »