Colorado Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
As one of the fasting growing developmental disorders, autism touches the lives of almost 1 in 60 children in the United States. The signs and symptoms of this disorder vary widely, and children with autism often struggle to live independently. One of the more common symptoms is that children with autism are easily upset when their routine is changed. They also have a difficult time creating meaningful relationships with others and performing basic life skills. Autism can cause children to hyperfocus on activities that they find interesting or soothing, though this can have an adverse effect when they inadvertently forget to complete daily living tasks. This diverse range of issues illustrate why autism boarding schools are an ideal option for teens from Colorado.
For children from Colorado, autism boarding schools help them gain the skills they need to lead fulfilling and well-balanced lives. With these immersive programs, students can find the support they need to succeed.
As one of the leading autism boarding schools, New Focus Academy helps students gain the independence they need to thrive. Students engage in educational, experiential, vocational, and social skill training to create a positive change in their lives. Experienced therapists and coaches provide guidance and positive feedback to help students reach their specific goals. Their clinically sophisticated approaches are backed by evidence-based scientific practices.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Colorado Teens Unique?
At New Focus, your Colorado teen is treated as an individual. His or her specific strengths and needs are assessed and developed into an individualized treatment plan. Using this plan, your teen will begin their journey to increased autonomy and independence.
If you have tried in-home or school-based interventions and they have not been effective, New Focus Academy could be exactly what your son or daughter needs. With a holistic and whole-person approach to growth, New Focus Academy works with teens ages 13-17 to increase self-esteem and independence. Please call us at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this innovative autism boarding school and the admission process.
Colorado Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
Autism boarding schools present a difficult – yet rewarding – decision for many parents. Parents want the best for their children, but sending them away to a new environment can be a concern, especially when a child struggles with autism. Parents wonder if their child from Colorado will be safe, happy, and accepted. Parents also want to know that their child’s behaviors will be addressed therapeutically.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Colorado find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. Not only will they provide extra assistance when other treatment options have failed, they have expert staff specifically trained in the unique needs of children with autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental issues.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a premier residential boarding school helping teens ages 13-17 suffering from autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental issues. Their research-informed approaches offer students these outcomes:
– The ability to catch up in school – or graduate from high school – while also preparing students with vocational opportunities.
– Social skills training is a crucial piece that allows students to foster deeper relationships with peers, family, staff, and the world around them.
– Developing essential life skills helps students to become more autonomous across all areas of their lives (examples include budgeting, meal preparation, and using public transportation).
– Learning how to cooperate in a team setting and adventure therapy helps teens on the spectrum improve communication skills.
– Real-life learning situations to help students apply the lessons learned in the classroom and therapy sessions.
– An opportunity to build self-confidence, emotional resilience, and self-esteem by accomplishing challenging, yet manageable goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy offers a welcoming and safe environment that is supported by skilled and dedicated staff. Your child will receive immediate feedback, positive reinforcement, and evidence-based approaches to motivate him or her to live an independent life. Please call (844) 313-6749 to find out how New Focus Academy’s leading autism boarding school will lead your child from Colorado on the path to independence.
- Parent Involvement in Autism TreatmentWhen your child is having problems with communication and reciprocal social interaction, it can be frustrating for parents to know how to best support them. As one of the primary treatment goals for teens with autism is developing self-efficacy and independence, it is important for parents to stay involved in... Read more »
- What Happens When My Child is Diagnosed with Autism in Their Teens?While Autism is considered a developmental disorder and is often diagnosed in early childhood, some signs of autism become more noticeable in adolescence. When autism is diagnosed in teens, they may struggle more to accept their diagnosis as they haven’t had years of support to understand what it means. During... Read more »
- Empathy vs. Compassion in Teens with AutismA lot of people use empathy and compassion interchangeably, although there are several key differences. One myth about teens with autism is that they lack empathy. While teens with autism often care a lot about relationships and are sensitive to the emotions of others, they have a hard time understanding... Read more »