Arkansas Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
With nearly 1 in 60 children in the United States affected by autism, it is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders. The signs and symptoms of this disorder vary widely, and children with autism often struggle to live independently. One of the more common symptoms is that children with autism are easily upset when their routine is changed. Forming relationships can stressful and difficult, as can daily living skills. There is also a tendency to become fully absorbed into certain activities, which can then cause them to overlook simple and basic needs. All of these issues are perfect examples of why autism boarding schools are essential for children from Arkansas.
Arkansas children that struggle with autism can get the help they need through autism boarding schools. These specialized programs provide a safe environment and a holistic approach to help their students flourish.
New Focus Academy helps students with autism gain autonomy and is one of the top autism boarding schools. Students engage in educational, experiential, vocational, and social skill training to create a positive change in their lives. Experienced therapists and coaches provide guidance and positive feedback to help students reach their specific goals. These effective and therapeutically sophisticated practices are research-based approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Arkansas Teens Unique?
Your teen from Arkansas is seen as an individual at New Focus Academy. His or her specific strengths and needs are assessed and developed into an individualized treatment plan. This plan begins the journey towards independence.
If more traditional schooling approaches have not worked for your son or daughter, New Focus Academy can help. From learning life skills, positive social interactions, and preparing to join the workforce, New Focus Academy teaches teens ages 13-17 to become more independent. To learn more about this premier autism boarding school and the admissions process, please call (844) 313-6749 to speak with an admissions professional today.
Arkansas Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
Autism boarding schools present a difficult – yet rewarding – decision for many parents. Even though an autism boarding school may be what is best, parents worry about how their child on the spectrum will adjust to this new place. Parents wonder if their child from Arkansas will be safe, happy, and accepted. Parents want to know that their child’s behaviors and issues will be addressed appropriately – and therapeutically, in order to get at what is driving the behaviors.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Arkansas find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. Not only will they provide extra assistance when other treatment options have failed, they have expert staff specifically trained in the unique needs of children with autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental issues.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a leading autism boarding school that works with teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Their evidence-based approaches provide students with the following opportunities for growth:
– The ability to catch up in school – or graduate from high school – while also preparing students with vocational opportunities.
– Social skills training is a crucial piece that allows students to foster deeper relationships with peers, family, staff, and the world around them.
– Developing important life skills assists students in gaining lasting independence and are applicable to all areas of life including meal planning and preparation, personal hygiene and self-care, and managing finances.
– Learning how to cooperate in a team setting and adventure therapy helps teens on the spectrum improve communication skills.
– Opportunities for real-world practice of the skills and lessons they are learning in group, therapy, and school.
– Intentional opportunities to build self-esteem, self-efficacy, and self-confidence by achieving appropriately challenging goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy provides a warm, safe, and welcoming environment that is supervised by highly trained staff. Through in-the-moment feedback, motivational approaches, and evidence-based practices, your child will be able to lead a happier and more full life. Call (844) 313-6749 to learn about New Focus Academy and how this autism boarding school can help your Arkansas teen.
- What Happens When My Child is Diagnosed with Autism in Their Teens?While Autism is considered a developmental disorder and is often diagnosed in early childhood, some signs of autism become more noticeable in adolescence. When autism is diagnosed in teens, they may struggle more to accept their diagnosis as they haven’t had years of support to understand what it means. During... Read more »
- Benefits of Animal Stewardship for Boys with AutismThere’s a reason we call dogs a “man’s best friend.” Mutual relationships between animals and their owners or caregivers build a sense of confidence and responsibility that are beneficial for mental health issues. Animal therapy is a growing field that uses a variety of animals, particularly dogs, cats, and horses,... Read more »
- Movies Used to Teach Teens with Autism Emotional IntelligenceWhile many teens watch movies mindlessly, they are unconsciously picking up on social cues and learning how to relate to characters. Many teens find that lessons characters learn on the big screen can translate to their own lives. Using movie time to teach social thinking is not necessarily a new... Read more »