Arkansas Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
With nearly 1 in 60 children in the United States affected by autism, it is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders. The signs and symptoms of this disorder vary widely, and children with autism often struggle to live independently. One of the more common symptoms is that children with autism are easily upset when their routine is changed. Forming relationships can stressful and difficult, as can daily living skills. There is also a tendency to become fully absorbed into certain activities, which can then cause them to overlook simple and basic needs. All of these issues are perfect examples of why autism boarding schools are essential for children from Arkansas.
Arkansas children that struggle with autism can get the help they need through autism boarding schools. These specialized programs provide a safe environment and a holistic approach to help their students flourish.
New Focus Academy helps students with autism gain autonomy and is one of the top autism boarding schools. Students engage in educational, experiential, vocational, and social skill training to create a positive change in their lives. Experienced therapists and coaches provide guidance and positive feedback to help students reach their specific goals. These effective and therapeutically sophisticated practices are research-based approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Arkansas Teens Unique?
Your teen from Arkansas is seen as an individual at New Focus Academy. His or her specific strengths and needs are assessed and developed into an individualized treatment plan. This plan begins the journey towards independence.
If more traditional schooling approaches have not worked for your son or daughter, New Focus Academy can help. From learning life skills, positive social interactions, and preparing to join the workforce, New Focus Academy teaches teens ages 13-17 to become more independent. To learn more about this premier autism boarding school and the admissions process, please call (844) 313-6749 to speak with an admissions professional today.
Arkansas Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
Autism boarding schools present a difficult – yet rewarding – decision for many parents. Even though an autism boarding school may be what is best, parents worry about how their child on the spectrum will adjust to this new place. Parents wonder if their child from Arkansas will be safe, happy, and accepted. Parents want to know that their child’s behaviors and issues will be addressed appropriately – and therapeutically, in order to get at what is driving the behaviors.
While this can be a tough decision, parents from Arkansas find that autism boarding schools are the most ideal option for their teen on the spectrum. Not only will they provide extra assistance when other treatment options have failed, they have expert staff specifically trained in the unique needs of children with autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental issues.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is a leading autism boarding school that works with teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Their evidence-based approaches provide students with the following opportunities for growth:
– The ability to catch up in school – or graduate from high school – while also preparing students with vocational opportunities.
– Social skills training is a crucial piece that allows students to foster deeper relationships with peers, family, staff, and the world around them.
– Developing important life skills assists students in gaining lasting independence and are applicable to all areas of life including meal planning and preparation, personal hygiene and self-care, and managing finances.
– Learning how to cooperate in a team setting and adventure therapy helps teens on the spectrum improve communication skills.
– Opportunities for real-world practice of the skills and lessons they are learning in group, therapy, and school.
– Intentional opportunities to build self-esteem, self-efficacy, and self-confidence by achieving appropriately challenging goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy provides a warm, safe, and welcoming environment that is supervised by highly trained staff. Through in-the-moment feedback, motivational approaches, and evidence-based practices, your child will be able to lead a happier and more full life. Call (844) 313-6749 to learn about New Focus Academy and how this autism boarding school can help your Arkansas teen.
- Finding Help For Your Teen’s Slow Processing DisorderEach and every one of us is unique in our own way. As the old saying goes, no two brains think alike, which is honestly a good thing! Every single person has unique brain anatomy, which is a big part of what makes us all individually unique. Unfortunately, society doesn’t... Read more »
- Helping Teens On The Spectrum With AnxietyDue to the difficulties socializing for those on the spectrum (ASD), having ASD and anxiety are often two co-occurring issues. Regarding all teens, social anxiety is common as they want to fit in with their peers, but this anxiety is amplified when being on the spectrum. By learning about how... Read more »
- What is an Autism School and How Can it Help My Child?Research has indicated that students with autism can make progress on educational and social goals within inclusion classrooms. While both public and autism-focused schools can provide assistance for your child, there are a few important things to consider prior to making the decision of where to enroll your child. According... Read more »