Arizona Students Learn Independence at Autism Boarding Schools
As one of the fasting growing developmental disorders, autism touches the lives of almost 1 in 60 children in the United States. Many children with autism have different presentations of the disorder, though it is very common for it to affect their ability to live independently. One of the more common symptoms is that children with autism are easily upset when their routine is changed. Forming relationships can stressful and difficult, as can daily living skills. Autism can cause children to hyperfocus on activities that they find interesting or soothing, though this can have an adverse effect when they inadvertently forget to complete daily living tasks. All of these issues are perfect examples of why autism boarding schools are essential for children from Arizona.
Arizona children that struggle with autism can get the help they need through autism boarding schools. These specialized programs provide a safe environment and a holistic approach to help their students flourish.
New Focus Academy helps students with autism gain autonomy and is one of the top autism boarding schools. Students engage in educational, experiential, vocational, and social skill training to create a positive change in their lives. Experienced therapists and coaches provide guidance and positive feedback to help students reach their specific goals. These effective and therapeutically sophisticated practices are research-based approaches.
What Makes Our Autism Boarding School For Arizona Teens Unique?
Each student, including your Arizona teen, is treated as an individual at New Focus Academy. His or her specific strengths and needs are assessed and developed into an individualized treatment plan. Using this plan, your teen will begin their journey to increased autonomy and independence.
If conventional educational approaches haven’t been effective for your son or daughter, New Focus Academy might be the answer. By providing a whole-person approach to care, New Focus Academy helps teens ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism begin to thrive. Please call us at (844) 313-6749 to learn more about this innovative autism boarding school and the admission process.
Arizona Parents Discover the Benefits of Autism Boarding Schools
For parents, the decision to enroll their child in autism boarding schools is difficult. Parents always want to do what is best for their children – but for a child on the spectrum, going to a new place can be challenging and stressful. They often wonder how their child from Arizona will adjust, and whether or not they will be happy there. Parents also want to make sure that this type of treatment will be beneficial in addressing their child’s problematic behaviors.
Even though this is a difficult decision, many Arizona parents realize that autism boarding schools are the most appropriate option for their child on the spectrum. At autism boarding schools, children on the spectrum are able to get help from dedicated professionals that have extensive training in working with autism spectrum disorder.
Our Autism Boarding School’s Evidence-Based Approach
New Focus Academy is one of the top autism boarding schools that helps teenagers ages 13-17 that are struggling with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disorders. Their evidence-based approaches provide students with the following opportunities for growth:
– Small classroom sizes for students to complete high school in an accommodating environment, along with vocational opportunities to help ready them to work after high school.
– Thorough social skills training helps students connect with those around them, including peers, staff, and family members.
– Developing essential life skills helps students to become more autonomous across all areas of their lives (examples include budgeting, meal preparation, and using public transportation).
– Participation in adventure therapy and team building activities to increase positive communication, collaboration, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
– Real-world opportunities allow for a practical application of what students are learning through coaching and therapy sessions.
– An opportunity to build self-confidence, emotional resilience, and self-esteem by accomplishing challenging, yet manageable goals.
Our Program Can Help Your Child
New Focus Academy offers a safe, accepting environment supervised by expertly trained staff. Through in-the-moment feedback, motivational approaches, and evidence-based practices, your child will be able to lead a happier and more full life. Please call (844) 313-6749 to find out how New Focus Academy’s leading autism boarding school will lead your child from Arizona on the path to independence.
- Our Treatment Team’s Approach Using the Autonomy Development ModelTeens with autism struggle with becoming more independent and making decisions on their own. They are more likely to reject help and act impulsively or self-destructively or rely on caretakers to continue to meet their needs. Neither of these paths are effective in helping teens with autism live healthy, independent,... Read more »
- Teaching Mindfulness to Neurodiverse KidsOur brains are evolutionarily wired to respond to distractions. As our world has become full of distractions, teens with autism often struggle to filter out irrelevant information and become easily overstimulated. They’re either caught up in the future or the past and constantly jumping between the two and struggle to... Read more »
- Movies Used to Teach Teens with Autism Emotional IntelligenceWhile many teens watch movies mindlessly, they are unconsciously picking up on social cues and learning how to relate to characters. Many teens find that lessons characters learn on the big screen can translate to their own lives. Using movie time to teach social thinking is not necessarily a new... Read more »